Indigo Nights - Louise Bay : Review


Title: Indigo Nights

Author: Louise Bay

Series or Standalone: Standalone

Genre: Romance

Format: E-Book


Publication Date: February 9th 2016







Goodreads Summary:
Dylan James has no expectations when it comes to relationships. He uses women for sex and they use him for his money and power. It’s quid pro quo and he's good with that. It works.

Beth Harrison has been burned. She's tired of the lies and the game playing that men bring and has buried herself in her passion—baking which keeps her out of the reach of heartbreak. As she begins her career as a TV baker, a new world opens up to her.

Dylan and Beth both know that casual sex is all about giving what you need to get what you want.

Except that sometimes you give more than you need to and get everything you ever wanted.
 

My Review:
I am reviewing this book for Netgalley.

From the moment I started reading this book I knew I was going to love it. This novel was extremely captivating and very hard to put down after picking it up.  I enjoyed so many things about this book and I truly connected as well as related to Beth, the main female protagonist.

I  related to some situations Beth went through, like dealing with alcoholism, not personally, but with some people close to me.  I was very keen about both points of view as I am very fond of books where the author can do multiple points of view and not confuse me. Louise Bay did it just right. Beth was a strong,  independent and positive woman with amazing morals. I adored her, but I adored Beth and Dylan's romance 1000x more!

From the start Dylan treated her with so much respect and admiration. The lust and desire was incredibly described throughout their journey. The one thing that infatuated me the most about this book is how confident Beth was with not only her body, but her goals too. She may have doubted herself at times, but she was always telling herself how she could overcome her obstacles and get through tough times with the help of her amazing family and friends standing by her side.

Both Beth and Dylan had a such deep and complicated past that was demonstrated and dealt with in the most ideal ways. We get to see their character development and how they tackle everything that gets thrown at them.

The only problem I had with Indigo Nights was  that I didn't feel like the complication was very complicated and I considered it to be too easily solved. It wouldn't have been a drawback if there had been smaller mishaps throughout the book, but there were not.  Of course I didn't mind though because of how beautiful the writing was in this novel.

I am very pleased that I picked this up and I am looking forward to reading more of Louise Bay's work!



Plot: ★★★.5

Characters: ★★★★.5

Writing: ★★★★★

Feels/Romance: ★★★★★

Overall Enjoyment: ★★★★.5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer - Book Review

Class of 59' - John A. Heldt : Book Review

BOOK REVIEWS