Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief

Title: Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief

Author: Rick Riordan 

Series or Standalone: Series

Genre: Young-adult Fantasy

Format: Paperback

Publication Date: January 1st 2005

Goodreads Summary:

Look, I didn't want to be a half-blood. I never asked to be the son of a greek god.
I was just a normal kid, going to school, playing basketball, skateboarding. The usual. Until I accidentally vaporized my maths teacher. Now I spend my time battling monsters and generally trying to stay alive.
This is the one where Zeus, God of the Sky, thinks I've stolen his lightning bolt - and making Zeus angry is a very bad idea.

My Review:

If you know me, you know how much I love my Greek Mythology and this book just made me love it even more. 

I enjoyed the whole concept of Camp Half Blood, which is the Camp that all Demi-Gods can go to to escape all of the monsters in the real world. 

Rick's writing was very honourable and reading from Percy's point of view was exciting, full of humour and something I can take comfort in. Percy Jackson has to be one of my most favourite first-person protagonist's in all of the books I've read, I love the way he makes his choices as well as his personality and relationships with the characters surrounding him throughout the book. I loved reading his thoughts on Olympus and the Gods, as I take a lot of interest in these subjects.

Not only did I enjoy the plot, world development, character development but, I learnt a lot more about Greek Mythology while reading this. I now know some of the Gods' names mentioned in this book, as well as their power/ what they are God of. Knowing more about the Olympians makes reading this so much more enjoyable too. For example, if Ares' name came up I would just remind myself he was the God of War, which was fun. 

I recommend this book to anyone of all ages and I will be sharing this book with my 9 year old sister! Percy Jackson is also one of those series like Harry Potter that will make you love reading!!

 Plot: 

Characters: .5

Writing: 

Feels/Romance: ★ (not really that much)

Overall Enjoyment: .5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer - Book Review

Class of 59' - John A. Heldt : Book Review