A Work In Progress by Connor Franta


Title: A Work In Progress

Author: Connor Franta

Series or Standalone: Standalone

Genre: Memoir 

Format: Paperback


Publication Date: April 21st 2015




Goodreads Summary: 
In this intimate memoir of life beyond the camera, Connor Franta shares the lessons he has learned on his journey from small-town boy to Internet sensation so far.

Here, Connor offers a look at his Midwestern upbringing as one of four children in the home and one of five in the classroom; his struggles with identity, body image, and sexuality in his teen years; and his decision to finally pursue his creative and artistic passions in his early twenties, setting up his thrilling career as a YouTube personality, philanthropist, entrepreneur, and tastemaker.

My Review: 
I have watched Connor Franta on Youtube for many years, so when I saw the video about him releasing his own memoir I was ecstatic. Connor has always inspired me and he certainly inspired me throughout this book.

'A Work In Progress' has got to be my favourite memoir I have ever read, not that I've read a lot of memoirs, but still. The way he talked about and described his life and feeling made me feel ready to be happy and to live life to the fullest. I don't think of myself as a very creative person, but to see Connor's perspective on how he thought about art and other things made me want to create. I also enjoyed how relatable and how much I connected with Connor and his thoughts throughout his memoir.

This book made me feel happy and inspired to be creative and to live life to the extreme, to take chances and to get out of my comfort zone. I highly recommend reading this, even if you haven't watched Connor. I'm almost certain you will be absolutley glad you did when you're finished. It changed my outlook on how I view the world and also myself and I'm sure it could do the same for you.

I can't really rate a plot or the characters so I will just give you my rating for the book overall.

Overall Enjoyment: ★★★★.5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer - Book Review

Class of 59' - John A. Heldt : Book Review

BOOK REVIEWS