REVIEW - THE SHADOWHUNTER'S CODEX

Title: The Shadowhunter's Codex

Author: Cassandra Clare & Joshua Lewis

Series or Standalone: Companion novel

Genre: Fantasy

Format: Paperback

Publication Date: 31st October 2013

Goodreads Summary:
The Clave is pleased to announce the newest edition of the Nephilim’s oldest and most famous training manual: the Shadowhunter’s Codex. Since the thirteenth century, the Codex has been the young Shadowhunter’s best friend. When you’re being swarmed by demons it can be easy to forget the finer points of obscure demon languages or the fastest way to stop an attack of Raum demons. With the Codex by your side, you never have to worry. 

My Review:

I started reading The Shadowhunter's Codex about a year ago and never got to finish it, so today was the day and I'm glad I did. It reminded me how much I love this world that Cassandra Clare created! Having read The Infernal Devices Trilogy and 4 out of the 5 books in The Mortal Instruments, I picked up on this Codex fairly quickly. I learnt quite a bit more about this world, it's really amazing that one person created this whole other world with help of few people and just her surroundings, experiences and imagination. 

The Shadowhunter's Codex basically covers everything you could ever wish for before City of Bones. It explains many things, such as, Downworlders, Parabatai (my favourite), Demons, Nephilim, Runes and countless other topics. I really enjoyed the captions off to the side written by characters from The Mortal Instruments. It had me laughing throughout the entire book. 

As I continue reading the rest of Cassandra Clare's books I will come back to this Codex if I don't understand something or just to clarify the way it all works. It will defiantly be of great help. I suggest if you are going to read some of Cassandra's work, try picking up The Codex if you want to be expert on everything! 

Plot: (not really one)

Characters: ★★★★★ (for the captions)

Writing: ★★★★★

Feels/Romance: ★★★★★ (Jace & Clary)

Overall Enjoyment: ★★★★★

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer - Book Review

Class of 59' - John A. Heldt : Book Review

BOOK REVIEWS