Top 5 Wednesday: 04/01/17

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all had a merry merry Christmas and a great New Year's. For my first blog post of 2017, I am doing a T5W!

This week's topic is: 2017 Goals

These don't have to be book related, but my specifically are. I will be doing a video on my youtube channel later this month about my goals in general if you want to hear more about that! 

Link to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwp16OpSOXEFEQWx9FqRDNA


If you want to know everything about this T5W, you can click on this amazing link which will take you to Goodreads.  T5W was created by Lainey but is now managed by Samantha!

5. Read more diversely:
For the past 2 years I have been trying to catch up with all of the popular reads and I haven't given myself a chance to expand my reading tastes. This year I want to venture into different genres and read more variegated novels as I enjoy debating my opinions on controversial themes. 

4. Be more critical with my reviews/ratings:
During my time on goodreads and reviewing books I have noticed how lenient I am with giving ratings and reviewing a book to my full potential with complete honesty. I am still trying to figure out whether I should rate a book on how I feel about or how well it was written to me. So when I figure out that I think I will accomplish my goal, but in the mean time I will try my hardest to be as savage as possible! Maybe not savage, but you get the point.

3. Make a specific reading time everyday:
Anyone that makes a "How To Read More" video/post will include this tip. It is definitely harder than it sounds, but it is extremely important. I know for a fact that if I set a certain time to read everyday that I would read many more books a month. Hopefully I can do this in 2017!

2. Read at least 1 classic a month:
I think this goal makes a lot of sense as I want to major in English so I think I need to start reading more classics. I have many on my shelves, but I always push them to the bottom of my TBR as they seem like too much of a commitment and I feel like I won't read them quick enough. But I have to start somewhere I guess.

1. Read 50 books:
So, last year I started my goodreads goals at 35 books then I moved it up to 40 books and I managed to read 41. I would be very proud of myself if I can succeed in reading 50 books and hopefully more?! 

Okay so that's my top 5! I hope you all get to achieve your goals or at least give it your best! Have an amazing year and read many great books :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer - Book Review

Class of 59' - John A. Heldt : Book Review

Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief